Thursday 17 February 2011

My Foundation Days :)

I thought I should feature my past projects from my Foundation Art Course that I did for a year in 2009-2010 at Stourbridge- Longlands College. I was very proud of them. Even then I think being a communicator was my strong point. Before my FMP project I decided to do a campaign against the fast food industry. I felt quite strongly against KFC at the time because I watched this horrific video including chickens and well whether it was KFC orientated or not. Ew. I ended up getting really into designing stencils which I later illustated on a Happy Meal Box, juxtaposing it to an "Unhappy Meal". Here are some of the paper stencils, they are quite brutal but I wanted to make the audience think. I found out the mass murder of animals was done in horrific ways, even though these can be seen as a joke, my answer was "they may aswell of been!".



Below are actual words used on the KFC website,
I just replaced some of the words. Example: pick to "kick".


My Unhappy Meal Box- Well..one of the many designs for it...



 

My FMP Project

I decided to be satirical with my next project, I looked at the British Abroad. I used stereotypes and humour to develop post cards, using old photographs from past holidays and ridiculing them. For example, the British are stereotyped to go on holiday and not soak up any culture. Therefore, using a pool scene old photograph I created a beans pool equipted with all the ingredients to make a "Full English Breakfast". Here's a few of the better designs...





No comments:

Post a Comment