Wednesday 30 March 2011

My Inspiration

Inspiration is all around us. Is something I have learnt during my time here.

Everything is seen to me as an idea, a purpose. Everything has something unique about them that I can use in some way. My inspiration comes from great movies, movies like Pulp Fiction, Avatar, Memento or Inception those that are disruptive in their ideas or storytelling form. Books also inspire me and the way, in which, you get an idea of how the author is thinking, also your vocabulary grows. People around me like family and friends and fellow class mates; influence me when they share their ideas, thoughts and daily activities. Pets influence me because they are beautiful and have loveable attitudes. Places inspire me to achieve great things, architecture of astounding and crazy looking building influence me to take risks. Another big influence of mine would be music, and the way in which each track can make you feel different to the next. I believe you can relate to song words, like you can relate to a piece of copy, like you can relate to a piece of advertising. The world around us is changing, technology is growing and mankind is getting stronger. The different, new and exciting ways of advertising inspire me to push the boundaries, advertising such as augmented reality blows my mind, the infamous Tipex YouTube advert and the M&M shooting and defacing websites game makes me realise that there is so much more to push and discover about advertising. As long as there is a clear target audience anything can be made. Advertising with a twist also inspires me, like the well known Old Spice ads, where the twist was made with a change of target audience (Old Spice being for men but advertising it to women). 

Juan Cabral is somebody who I aspire to be like. He is a writer and director of advertising, a genius. His colleagues describe him as “fearless” because he is willing to take risks. Cabral is best known for his popular Cadbury advert, featuring a Gorilla playing the drums. The advert alone raised the sales of Cadbury by 9% and Phil Collins’s “In the air tonight” came back into the charts. “He is the world’s leading television ad man”. His career first began in his home town Argentina working for Agulla and Baccetti, there he worked on projects for Renault, Sprite, HSBC and Coca-Cola plus many more companies. In 2001, he went to the advertising agency Mother; there he produced work for Orange, The Observer and Fray Bentos. Cabral real fame began when he joined Fallon in 2003. Some of Fallon’s clients; ASDA, ASK, Ben and Jerry’s, Budweiser, Cadbury, Orange, Sony and many more. Other notable advertisements of Cabral/Fallon are the Sony Bravia Adverts- firstly the exploding paints on a Glasgow estate, and then the adverts progressed to colourful bouncy balls and finally, colourful bunnies. He is also disruptive in the way he works; people talk about his advertisements because they turn heads, most of his ads do not contain the product which is a risky breakthrough and the fact he got the trust from his client and agency is just astounding. Cabral is a brilliant inspiring figure, he has an amazing amount of experience and he got noticed. This is something I am aiming to do, to get noticed.


Bibliography

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    Your approach to get a right logo is cool!
    coffee

    ReplyDelete